14.10.09

A quick one today

Jill Stanek is bleating more nonsense about birth control again. Color me shocked.

The source she cites, the DailyFail, is dubious at best, so take it with a grain, no, scratch that, a bucket of salt. The article she discusses essentially says a recent study shows the birth control pill may have an effect on the type of man a woman finds attractive. The article then goes on to assert the popularity of stars like Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, and Will Smith, is likely proof of this.

From the source:

On days when women are not fertile, their tastes swing towards more feminine, boyish faces and more caring personalities, researchers have shown.

However, if women are taking the Pill they no longer have fertile days.

That means they no longer experience the hormonal changes that make them more attracted to masculine men and those with dissimilar genetic make-up.

Stanek characterizes men with caring personalities as "wimps" and "quiche eaters." Call me crazy, but I don't want some big, hulking Neanderthal to throw me over his shoulder and bring me back to his cave for a dinner of woolly mammoth steak. I'm a 21st century woman. I want a guy with a caring personality. I want a guy who has a good sense of humor and can hold an intelligent conversation. Why is it a bad thing to be attracted to men with caring personalities? Wouldn't those men be better fathers in the long run anyway? Also, what does quiche have to do with this? I didn't know food was supposed to be masculine or feminine.

Lesson learned, ladies: If you take the pill, not only will you be able to have as much sex as you want while simultaneously preventing unintended pregnancies, you'll also fall for nicer guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment